The City of Manassas is a regional hub for industries in aerospace, homeland security and manufacturing. We have what businesses need: a highly educated workforce with access to major universities and first-class training providers.
- 82% of population have post-HS education; 29% have bachelor’s degree
- 75% of Northern Virginia’s highly educated/qualified workforce lives within a 30-mile commute of the City of Manassas
- 9th highest average weekly wages in Virginia
- The City has experienced a 10.4% growth in population since 2010
Manassas has become a regional employment hub for major industries from aerospace to homeland security to manufacturing. More people commute into the City for work than out each day, making us a net importer of labor.
- Micron, Lockheed Martin, Novant/UVA Health System, Aurora Flight Sciences, BAE Systems are a few of the companies that have established thriving businesses in a city known for promoting free enterprise and innovation.
- Few are aware that Manassas is a net importer of labor and more people commute in for work, than out, making us a net importer of labor.
- 21,000 in-commuters