Manassas, Virginia, site of two landmark battles in the War Between the States, ushered in a new era on August 29 when Micron Technology Inc. announced that it will invest $3 billion and hire 1,100 workers over 15 years to increase memory production at its plant in the city 40 miles (64 km.) west of Washington, D.C. The average annual wage will be close to $100,000 plus benefits.
- Virginia’s economic development team rises to top in national site-selection ranking
- Longtime Manassas airport FBO Dulles Aviation to close
- Two marquee projects underscore Virginia’s claim to the cup
- Former IBM Manassas employees gather for 50th-anniversary celebration
- CenterFuse LaB participants prepare for graduation