The Department of Economic Development’s singular focus right now is helping our local businesses. We are trying to maintain this page as an up-to-date resource you can use for the COVID-19 pandemic.
City of Manassas Economic Development Staff Is Here To Help
During this time we are operating under CDC guidelines for social distancing. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a member of our team:
Get Business Resources Delivered to Your Inbox
In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis, we’re assembling the latest news and resources that can help your business. Sign up today:
Moving Into Phase Three
Shop safely. Spend safely. Support our small businesses during this difficult time.
Latest Manassas Coronavirus Business News
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam said Tuesday that he plans to loosen business and social restrictions for the whole state July 1, moving into Phase Three reopening an economy he largely shuttered in March amid an outbreak of the novel coronavirus. Northam said he...
Gov. Ralph Northam announced at a news conference Tuesday that Northern Virginia can enter Phase Two on Friday, June 12. Starting Friday, restaurants and beverage establishments will be able to offer indoor dining at 50% capacity. Fitness centers can open indoor areas...
Manassas Moves Into Phase One Virginia Governor Ralph Northam has announced that on Friday, May 29, Northern Virginia will enter phase one of his three phase reopening plan. Non-essential retail, outdoor dining at restaurants, and barber shops will all have the...
Temporary Outdoor Dining Permits
Resources from Trusted Partners
Links to trusted partners for the latest resources and guidelines to reopen businesses:
- City of Manassas: http://manassascity.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2275
- Office of the Governor: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/
- Virginia SBDC: https://www.virginiasbdc.org/covid/
- Ready to Reopen: A Playbook for Your Small Business
- Preparing to Restart Your Business
- SBDC: Step by Step Tool-kit for Reopening
Get Personalized Support
SCORE: The coronavirus has hit small businesses hard, but SCORE’s 10,000 mentors can help you during this difficult time, find a local mentor HERE
- Aug 20: Growth Funding – City of Manassas Park – REGISTER HERE
- Sept 3: Partnering Across the Business Community – TBD Fairfax, Alex, or PWC – REGISTER HERE
- Sept 17: Strategic Planning in a Digital World – TBD Fairfax, Alex, or PWC – REGISTER HERE
- August 13 – How to Manage debt Post COVID-19 = Credit building, managing and cash-flow management. REGISTER HERE
- August 20 – Recovery Marketing/Re-Connecting with Your Customers and Supply Chain Review REGISTER HERE
- August 27 – Inventory – Identify Revenue, Supply Chain Review REGISTER HERE
- September 3 – Employee & Diversity Planning – Maintaining employment levels/engagement/recovery REGISTER HERE
- September 10 – How to Prepare for the Next Crisis – Developing a Business Resiliency Plan – Why You Need It & How It Can Help (Crisis Management/Emergency Response/Business Recovery) REGISTER HERE
- September 17 – Crisis Management – Developing Team and Processes REGISTER HERE
- September 24 – Succession Planning & Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP) REGISTER HERE
COVID-19 Federal relief programs for businesses available now
Latest News on Our Facebook Page
We’re Here to Help
Send us a message for more information, questions or concerns.
Business Beat Newsletter
Sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.